I have been able to connect to various databsources but unable to comprehend the linking to my data.
Does it matter what I call my datafields or the data type accepted (specific to what Noventri will look for)?
How to I link my image file path data field to the image placeholder?
What are acceptable path references (UNC, URL, , direct file path c:\image\etc) or should I use binary/blob data?
I have a mySQL datasource with id, target data fields. A unique ID for each record and a UNC path to each image under target. I do see my records under the database Select controls. And I have been able to link data to a text placeholder using the formatter [1:target] to view the record as text. But I still don't understand how to show the images.
I have also tried creating a longblob datafield with the image loaded into the database but this only causes Noventri Suite to crash while querying the data.
We are still working on documentation for the database portion of our software,
but this should get your images working in the mean time.
1. The name of the datafields do not matter, although i would avoid spaces and suggest string data types for paths.
2. Try the following to link your images...
- Create an image region and check the Database Image checkbox,
- The Advanced tab should now appear, select it and click ODBC,
- Connect to your database and open the Select table dialog box,
- Select the table and click the refresh button to see the layout of the table,
- Click OK and go back to the Image tab,
- In the Image path, use the formatter [1:target] to choose first row,
- Go back to the Advanced tab and click Refresh Now to see the image.
3. The data that is stored in your database is used as either all or part of the image path.
eg. [1:target] or \\server1\images\[1:target] where only the image name is stored in the datafield.
The software does not read the actual binary image data from the database, so at this time you will not be able to store images as blob data.
Thank you Sergey. Refreshing the image made all the difference after making changes.
My images showed perfectly. One suggestion would be to allow the automatic changing of images (slideshow) from the database, rather than a direct reference to the row of data.
I'm glad you got your images to show up. We are always looking for ways to improve our software, and suggestions are always welcome. If you have any other ideas or suggestions that you think will make our software better, we would love to hear them.
Since we're talking about database stuff (and I know you're working on the documentation) can you explain how to use the Database Bind Mapping? For example, I would like to select a different logo that goes on each page based on a database:
You might as well explain the start and end time also.