Show Last Update with clock?

Discuss the world of digital signage and offer suggestions about new features for Noventri Suite.
skillsinc
Forum User
Forum User

Show Last Update with clock?

Post by skillsinc »

Is there a way to use the clock to show the last database refresh time?
Example: Last refresh was at 3:45pm
Martin-Noventri

Re: Show Last Update with clock?

Post by Martin-Noventri »

Hi skillsinc,

Thanks for the post. Great question!

The clock feature of Noventri Suite displays current time as updated by the internal clock of the player, not the software.

Depending on exactly what you are trying to achieve, there may be another way to go about this.

Are you trying to show the last refresh time for Noventri pulling the data from the database or last time the actual database was updated?

Kind Regards,
Martin
skillsinc
Forum User
Forum User

Post by skillsinc »

I found a way to make it happen.
I have the same page up 24/7, so I just set the sequence to update at the same rate as the database refreshes. (Every 15 minutes)
The question would be... do the database refreshes start when we upload the template to the server or when the SF-200 reboots?

Thanks,
Ed
Martin-Noventri

Post by Martin-Noventri »

Hi Ed,

Thanks for the question.

The database content refresh happens when the Noventri Server collects information from the database and then pushes it out to the SF-200. The frequency at which this happens is determined by the Update Interval setting in Noventri Suite. So when a project is uploaded or republished, the Noventri Server gathers data from the database initially, and then at the set Update Interval. This process is carried out independent of the players status.

Kind regards,
Martin