What is Noventri Commander - SOLVED

Discuss the world of digital signage and offer suggestions about new features for Noventri Suite.
icevault
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

What is Noventri Commander - SOLVED

Post by icevault »

What is Commander? Is this your hosted solution rather than the locally installed Suite?
mark_anderson_us
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: What is Noventri Commander

Post by mark_anderson_us »

I'd like to know too
Robb M
Noventri Digital Signage Expert

Post by Robb M »

Yes. Noventri Commander is the hosted solution for managing Noventri digital signage content. It is used in place of the locally installed Noventri Suite.

You can see a video of Noventri Commander in action from the link here: http://www.noventri.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=62&t=527

As you can see in the video; changes can be made and quickly and easily. This can be done from just about any web enabled device. Clients that use Commander do not need to have a computer on site as all the content and software are maintained on the servers at Noventri.

Commander offers the security of simplicity.

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions or if you are interested in seeing a demonstration of Commander.
icevault
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by icevault »

Is there any plan in the future to introduce Commander into the Noventri Suite Server that is locally installed? It would be incredibly helpful to be able to remotely manage our install for minor edits as the video describes without having to use the full Client.
Robb M

Post by Robb M »

We do not have plans at this time to bring commander in to the Suite software. However are always working on Suite to improve work flow and to bring in new features.
Can you describe how you would make updates to your content using a Commander/Suite hybrid?
icevault
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by icevault »

I imagine I would use it in similar fashion to the video. There are times I may be away from the office using my iPad or other web enabled device where I could VPN into our network and make a minor modification as necessary. While I could always RDP to the server and use the client, it may be easier to simply use a web editor.
Robb M

Post by Robb M »

Yes, Log in with your cell phone or Ipad and make minor modifications to your menu. Or now you can have others on the staff make the changes.