Setting up Dynamic Pages

Working with Text Files, Image Lists and more.
mark_anderson_us
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Setting up Dynamic Pages

Post by mark_anderson_us »

I want to setup dynamic pages that cycle through 5 departments and shift assignments for temp workers for the data for each department. Sounds like dynamic pages might be the ideal solution.

Should I see it cycle through all the pages in sequence preview in suite?

Any plans to add cycling through columns too. For example cycle through all row in col 1 then col 2 then col 3. Instead of having to create 3 pages?

Regards

mark
Trent S
Noventri Digital Signage Expert
Noventri Digital Signage Expert

Post by Trent S »

Hello Mark,

To see a preview of all the dynamic pages, simply select the dynamic page you want to preview inside of the "Edit Sequence" sub-tab, and then press the right and left arrow keys on your keyboard. It will cycle through all the available information in your database so that you can preview it.

About cycling through columns - could you illustrate a scenario in which you would want to do this, so that we can get a better idea of how it would work?

Kind Regards,
Trent Semler
Art Director
Specialized Communications Corp. / Noventri
20940 Twin Springs Dr.
Smithsburg, MD 21783-1510 USA
301-790-0103
Digital Information Display
Menu Display
Flight Board
mark_anderson_us
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Post by mark_anderson_us »

Thanks trent

I have a list of departments (columns) and assigned works. I'd like it to show dept 1 workers (pages 1-n), dept 2 workers (pages 1-n) ... dept n workers 1-n

I could do it with current implentation of there was a way to say start new page if dept changes and data contained only two columns: dept and worker. e.g.

Dept Worker
1 Tom
1 Dick
1 Harry
2 Sally

In this instance, I would get n-pages for dept 1 and then a new page (+ n pages) for dept 2

Currently my data is like this

1 2
Tom Sally
Dick
Sally

So I have to have 1 dynamic page for each dept and sequence them all

It works, but with 10 departments it a lot duplicate effort when creating/editing pages

Regards

Mark