A few Server questions

rdflesher
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

A few Server questions

Post by rdflesher »

What are the system requirements for the server?
What you you mean by "Dynamic Pages"?
Why would you want multiple servers running?
Trent S
Noventri Digital Signage Expert
Noventri Digital Signage Expert

Re: A few Server questions

Post by Trent S »

Hello rdflesher,

Below are the following minimum system requirements for Noventri Server:

Windows Operating System (XP SP3 - Server 2008 Recommended)
Pentium 4 Processor
10/100BaseT Ethernet port (if using networked players)
512 MB Ram
C++ Redistributable 2007
138 MB available on disk for program files
Additional space on disk for content storage

Dynamic Pages automatically create pages based on the amount of information in a database. Instead of putting several pages in a sequence that all tie to the same database, you can now put one dynamic page in the sequence and it will "repeat" itself until all of the information in the database is exhausted.

A good example is our ECO-Flight Board Package - we use dynamic pages to create pages based on the number of departures at the nearby airport. We are currently working on documentation for this new feature and will be posting it on the forum once it is complete.

Regarding multiple servers - this was included mainly for the sake of organization. Our clients wanted to organize their digital signs by individual location. Running multiple servers allows for individual locations to connect to a server that will only show them the particular screens and digital signage players that concern them (while still keeping everything central on a Server to be monitored by a corporate entity or otherwise).

Let me know if you have any further questions.
Trent Semler
Art Director
Specialized Communications Corp. / Noventri
20940 Twin Springs Dr.
Smithsburg, MD 21783-1510 USA
301-790-0103
Digital Information Display
Menu Display
Flight Board
rdflesher
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by rdflesher »

A couple of questions.

Do you have any more documentation on the server installation and the different configuration screens and options available. The information on the forum basically is a click on the .msi and confirm the settings. I'm having my network guy install it on one of our Windows servers and he will need a little more info (and so do I). After installed is it only configurable from the server console?

Secondly - any progress on the documentation on dynamic content ? I'm also in the Dynamic Pages documentation.

Thanks
Sergey K

Post by Sergey K »

Information about the Noventri Server Manager can be found here: http://www.noventri.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=66&t=540

The Dynamic Page documentation is available here: http://www.noventri.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=79&t=492

If something above is not quite clear or you have any other questions, please feel free to post them below.