Uninstall deletes my SFP files...

clabedz
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Uninstall deletes my SFP files...

Post by clabedz »

Greetings.

This is at least the second time I had to perform an uninstall/reinstall of the Suite software on my laptop. And it was the second time I lost SFP files.

Today I installed the latest version of the Suite after some laptop issues, but my server is running one version back. I found that I had to uninstall and reinstall the Suite on my laptop to get them in sync. After the reinstall, my SFP files were all missing. This happened a while back and I got help from this forum to rebuild my project. This time, I was smarter than the average bear... I made two copies of the Noventri Suite Projects folder - one in the same folder as the existing folder on my C drive and another on a completely separate drive.

Both times I ran the uninstall (but did *not* check boxes in the wizard to uninstall folders, etc), only the SFP files were gone from all folders under My Documents. Thankfully this time I had the files elsewhere to recover. You might want to look into this for future releases though. Unless, of course, I am the only one who has ever had this problem.

Thanks.
David L
Noventri Digital Signage Expert
Noventri Digital Signage Expert

Re: Uninstall deletes my SFP files...

Post by David L »

Hi cabedz,

Sorry for the late reply,

We have passed this on to our development team, and they are trying to recreate it. Hopefully we can have an answer for you shortly.

David