Possibilities with the Noventri Suite?

Discuss the world of digital signage and offer suggestions about new features for Noventri Suite.
clabedz
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Possibilities with the Noventri Suite?

Post by clabedz »

Greetings.

Management has a vision for the Noventri solution and I wanted to see if this is possible. I checked the documentation, but only saw some information on the RS232 connection and TVOne, which I have unanswered questions with both of these.

The solution they envision at this point is that the Noventri sequence would play during business hours in our cafeteria. During company scheduled lunch/breaks, the system would swap over to cable, possibly CNN to show the news for that 15-30 minutes.

Is there a way to make this work? Are any other customers doing this?
David L
Noventri Digital Signage Expert

Re: Possibilities with the Noventri Suite?

Post by David L »

Hi clabedz,

Many of our clients do exactly what you are proposing.

We would suggest an NEC E-Series TV/monitor with a built in tuner. Please contact us for models, options and great pricing! (Shameless plug)

We have NEC RS232 command codes already built into the system to switch Inputs, Channel, Volume, etc... on a schedule. You just drop the series of RS232 commands in the schedule. Of course, you will need to run a cable to the TV tuner and you will need our RS232 option cable, if you didn't purchase one already.

You can also use any other brands of TVs that support RS232 control, but you will have to take the time to find the appropriate commands and timings in the owners manual and program them in. Unlike NEC, we have found some brands' RS232 command lists very limited, so do the research before you buy. :)

The TVOne boxes add DVE and scaling features, which you will not need, unless you want to run live video in a window or such.

David
clabedz
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Post by clabedz »

Thank you, David. That is great news. I passed that along to the powers that be and they will most likely be contacting Sales very soon.

Thanks again!
Carol
David L

Post by David L »

You're welcome Carol,

You'll also be able to turn the TV on and off on a schedule, if you like. Most NEC models allow you to lock out the front controls too, to keep anyone from fiddling with them.

David