HTML Not Updating

clabedz
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

HTML Not Updating

Post by clabedz »

Greetings. I am having trouble with HTML pages not updating. They need display real time the number of parts that are completed. I have a webpage built that displays this information, however, it does not translate to the player as it is supposed to.

The web page has a date at the top and number of completed and target parts.

The player is displaying a date from yesterday. It also is not properly displaying the updated information on the rest of the webpage with regards to completed and target parts. I have the Update Interval set to 1 minute.

What do I need to do in order for this to update? Thank you.
clabedz
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: HTML Not Updating

Post by clabedz »

Also related - I changed the pages to include a blackout box over the incorrect dae as a work around. This correctly hides the date.

On top of that black box, I have a clock object showing a custom date/time in white. This correctly appears on my previe and on my computer, but this does not display when I published the project. Is there a trick to this as well?
Ralph M

Post by Ralph M »

Hello clabedz,

We would like to get more information from you to help us understand the situation. Is the web page you are trying to pull information from accessible over the internet so we could test it, or is it an Internal page? Also is there any web proxies that you may be using to access the internet? Thanks for the information.
clabedz
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Post by clabedz »

This is strictly an internal page - accessible via the server at http://servername/page.asp

Also, I found 60+ webcapt.exe processes running in Task Manager. I killed them.
clabedz
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Post by clabedz »

When I refreshed the page in Suite, it displays as expected in the preview, and sequence. When it publishes, it is blank.

I completed stopped the service, killed all the webcapt.exe's, and installed Suite on the server. When I started it back up, the pages are current for right this moment (who knows if they will update as they are supposed to), but the time/clock does not display on any of the pages where it should.
David L
Noventri Digital Signage Expert

Post by David L »

What is the OS type and version on the server machine?

David
Sergey K

Post by Sergey K »

Hello clabedz,
This is strictly an internal page - accessible via the server at http://servername/page.asp

Also, I found 60+ webcapt.exe processes running in Task Manager. I killed them.
The HTML region has an option to delay the capture of the page. This is mostly used on pages with flash to allow them enough time to load. Can you try setting the delay to 15 seconds and let me know if this make any difference?

WebCapt.exe runs at the time the web page needs to be captured. If there is a problem saving the page, the process may continue to try retrieving the page. With the Update Interval set to 1 minute, this will generate 60 webcapt processes in an hour.
When I refreshed the page in Suite, it displays as expected in the preview, and sequence. When it publishes, it is blank.

I completed stopped the service, killed all the webcapt.exe's, and installed Suite on the server. When I started it back up, the pages are current for right this moment (who knows if they will update as they are supposed to), but the time/clock does not display on any of the pages where it should.
The clock region will ONLY output to the screen if the designed project and the player are both set to the same resolution.

Kind Regards,
Sergey
David L

Post by David L »

One more thing that occurred to us. Could you please confirm whether your path is an http web server address or are you pointing to a file on a drive?

David
clabedz
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Post by clabedz »

The OS of the server is Windows Server 2003 R2 SP2.

And the path as it appears in Noventri Suite was posted below: http://servername/page.asp
We can navigate to this link through Internet Explorer from anywhere in the plant, including from tablets, ipads, and phones.

The page does not use Flash, as it is a simple display of our database information through ASP. By increasing the interval to 15 minutes, it appears to show the correct data, though we will need it to be at least half that to be acceptable. 4 times per hour is too infrequent. I will decrease these times today to see when it might break. We have four pages that need to reload every X minutes. Does the WebCapt.exe run all at once for the four pages at each interval or does it perform the update consecutively?

As for the clock, both the project and the player are set to 1024x768 TRUE COLOR. This has been the same since we received our player in house. The clock information previously displayed properly. As of yesterday when I made changes to the project, this stopped working. What else can cause this?

Thank you.
clabedz
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Post by clabedz »

I changed the refresh to 10 minutes and pushed the project. Then I went out to the floor where the board is located, and noticed that the time is now displaying on the 5 pages where it should show the current time. But it is still not appearing on my preview window in the Manage tab from Suite. I rebooted my machine and went straight into Suite, only to get the same results. As mentioned before, this used to display before yesterday.

The good news is that is now displaying on the floor, but I'm still confused as to why this would stop working.