Can't connect to Noventri Server

ceiTim
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Can't connect to Noventri Server

Post by ceiTim »

Hi, I am unable to connect to the Noventri Server from within the Noventri Suite. Every time I try to connect, I get an error message saying "Connection failed! Please verify that you have entered the hostname correctly." I have not changed any of these settings recently. The hostname is "localhost". How do I resolve this issue?
Sergey K

Re: Can't connect to Noventri Server

Post by Sergey K »

Hello ceiTim,

Is the Noventri Server installed on the same computer as Noventri Suite? If you have been able to connected before using localhost, I would try looking to see if the Server is still running in the Noventri Tray Manager. If the Server status is running (not starting or stopping). You should be able to get connected from the Noventri Suite.

Kind Regards,
ceiTim
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by ceiTim »

Noventri Server is installed on the same computer, yes. When I open the Noventri Server Manager, I see the Server's status is 'Stopping'. I tried clicking the Start button and the Apply button, but nothing at all happened.
Sergey K

Post by Sergey K »

ceiTim,

Are you running the newest version of Noventri Suite?
The latest version can be downloaded by clicking the link below.

http://www.noventri.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=205

Kind Regards,
ceiTim
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by ceiTim »

No, but why is that a requirement to run the software?

I've tried installing the latest version. I get an alert saying "An instance of the Noventri Service Manager is currently running. Do you want to stop it now?" I click Yes and nothing happens, but the message reappears. I have already uninstalled the previous version of Noventri, and am unable to install the new version.

What should I do next?
Sergey K

Post by Sergey K »

ceiTim,

This is not a requirement to run the software, but a quicker way for windows to stop all related services and task that are related to the Noventri Software. It seems that windows is holding a lock on our program and not letting it terminate or run properly.

Restarting your computer should release these locks. You can also open Window Task Manager and End Task the following processes once the software is uninstalled:

NDS_Suite.exe
NDS_Server.exe
NDS_Tray.exe
NDS_SM.exe

Once these processes stop running, you should be able to install Noventri Suite and Server again.

Let me know if you need any further assistance.
ceiTim
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by ceiTim »

I have successfully installed the Suite, and was having success connecting to the server for a time. However, now I am having a new problem when trying to connect to the server. The Noventri Suite pauses, eventually crashes after about 10 seconds, and a Bug Reporter window pops up.
Sergey K

Post by Sergey K »

ceiTim,

Its possible there is something crashing the Noventri Suite at the project level. We should be able to look at the bug reporter and tell what's going on. Can you call our office so we can have someone look into this for you?

We can be reached at 301-790-0103

Thanks,