Player Disconnected

mikeh
Forum User
Forum User

Player Disconnected

Post by mikeh »

I have one player that is saying it's disconnected after I updated the server. IP address is still the same....
Sergey K

Re: Player Disconnected

Post by Sergey K »

Hello Mikeh,

Did you see the player go through a firmware upgrade during the install of the new server software? Just want to make sure the player got the update as well. I would start by checking the network port on the player for blinking status lights to see if there is any activity. If you can ping the player at the IP address displayed, the connection should be fine. You can log into the player via the web app and check to make sure all the correct settings are there as well (ex. 192.168.1.105). The last thing to check it the USB drive. If no usb drive is found by the player, the players status will remain disconnected.

Please update me with your findings so we can get your player connected quickly.

Kind Regards,
Sergey
mikeh
Forum User
Forum User

Post by mikeh »

Ther player has not gone thru the firmware upgrade. I have been able to access the player via the web and it looks as though the settings match that of the settings on Noventri Suite. I've removed the USB drive and rebooted the player but I'm still having the same problem.
Sergey K

Post by Sergey K »

Mikeh,

Make sure the USB drive stays plugged into the SF-100e when it boots up. After you see the IP address displayed in the monitor, connect to the players IP address via a web browser. Once you login (default password: noventri), change the Noventri Server IP address to something else (ex. from 192.168.1.100 to 192.168.1.200) and click the Submit button. The player will now be looking for the server on a different IP address. Wait 30 seconds and change the IP address back to the correct one and click the Submit button again. Switch back to the Manage tab in Noventri Suite, the player should now reconnect within a minute.

If you still cannot get the player connected, please give us a call at (301) 790-0103 so we can look at other possibilities.

Kind Regards,
Sergey