Can't see player

mark_anderson_us
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Can't see player

Post by mark_anderson_us »

Hi Guys

Just hooked my first SF-100e and couldn't see in manage tab. Could see it on network and could connect via browser and enter IP address.

For anyone else stuck with their first player, I had to manually open port 20940 on Win firewall. Most software asks this during install these days. Anyway, probably worth adding to manual. Also probably worth adding to server manual: how to add a player. Took me a while to find out I had to connect via HTTP

Regards

Mark
David L
Noventri Digital Signage Expert

Re: Can't see player

Post by David L »

Hi Mark,

Thank you for your business and for your suggestions. We'll add them to the "Quick Setup Guide"

Is the USB drive fully seated in the socket?

David
Trent S

Post by Trent S »

Hello Mark,

For your reference, the newest Noventri Suite Quick Start Guide is available at this post, and details Software and Hardware installation.

Just to confirm - has the SF-100e Player successfully appeared in your Manage Tab?

Kind Regards,
Trent Semler
Art Director
Specialized Communications Corp. / Noventri
20940 Twin Springs Dr.
Smithsburg, MD 21783-1510 USA
301-790-0103
Digital Information Display
Menu Display
Flight Board
mark_anderson_us
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Yes thanks. had to reboot a couple of times. Wish there was a way to force the server to try to connect from the manage tab. (not always practical to restart the player)
Trent S

Post by Trent S »

Hello Mark,

We would like to gather more information about your set up in order to troubleshoot this issue.

Would you mind sending us an email at support@noventri.com with a good contact number for you and time that we can discuss this over the phone?

Kind Regards,
Trent Semler
Art Director
20940 Twin Springs Dr.
301-790-0103
Menu Display
Flight Board
mark_anderson_us
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Hi trent

Seems to be working OK now, Will see how it goes over next few days, Dynamic pages are great BTW

Regards

Mark
sirluke34
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Post by sirluke34 »

Are there any other tips to try out here? I have Noventri Server installed on a Win 2008 server box with Win Firewall turned off. I did create exceptions for Noventri Suite and Server and also port # 20940, not sure it matters though...

I do have my SF-100e hooked up to the network, can ping it, and can reach the configuration page through a web browser. I have the IP address and the port number listed in the "NOVENTRI SERVER" box as xx.xx.xx.xx:20940.

I have reopened Server and Suite a couple of times as well as restarted the player a couple of times to no avail.
Any further help appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Trent S

Post by Trent S »

Hello sirluke34,

Can you successfully connect to the Noventri Server inside of Noventri Suite, and are unable to see your player?

Kind Regards,
Trent Semler
Art Director
20940 Twin Springs Dr.
301-790-0103
Menu Display
Flight Board
sirluke34
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Post by sirluke34 »

Correct. When I open Noventri and click the "Manage" tab, I am prompted with a login box. I enter the credentials below and no "player" is displayed in any of the player tabs.

Host: localhost
Username: Admin
password: noventri

Is there another way I should be connecting to the server?
Trent S

Post by Trent S »

Hello sirluke34,

Thank you for your reply. You are connecting to the Server correctly; I just wanted to confirm that your Server was running successfully.

Can you please confirm for me that the IP Address of your Win 2008 server box is static, and that the USB Drive is securely plugged into the Player?

Also - please verify again that the network information matches between the SF-100e Player and your Server (netmask, gateway, dns, ip of Server running Noventri Server). Even though you can ping the player, it's possible that a discrepancy between these values would prevent the player from showing up in the Manage Tab of Suite. It depends on how your local network is set up.

Finally - aside from Windows Firewall, do you have any other virus / firewall protection running on your Server that port exceptions will need to be added to?

Kind Regards,
Trent Semler
Art Director
20940 Twin Springs Dr.
301-790-0103
Menu Display
Flight Board