Updating external text files - about to pull trigger

Working with Text Files, Image Lists and more.
Marcellus1
Forum User
Forum User

Re: Updating external text files - about to pull trigger

Post by Marcellus1 »

mark_anderson_us wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:56 am Hi Trent

If my text field is a datatext field or a database field, the remote players won't be able to access it unless they have network ascess to the site where the data is stored, will they? Unless, i'm missign something: like the server is executing the queries on behalf of the players. Maybe I could arrange a call with someone tomorrow, as I need to finalize the proposal this week
You have a correct understanding of the challenge. Remote players need network connection to the data source. Consider server-side execution or further discussion of options during your call tomorrow to successfully finish the idea.
Marcellus1
Forum User
Forum User

Re: Updating external text files - about to pull trigger

Post by Marcellus1 »

mark_anderson_us wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:56 am Hi Trent

If my text field is a datatext field or a database field, the remote players won't be able to access it unless they have network ascess to the site where the data is stored, will they? Unless, i'm missign something: like the server is executing the queries on behalf of the players. Maybe I could arrange a call with someone tomorrow, as I need to finalize the proposal this week
You've spotted a potential stumbling block: remote players who want to access database fields must have network access to the data site. Consider server-side query execution or schedule a call for clarification tomorrow to help conclude the proposal effectively.