Capacity of Noventri Eco-Series™ SF-100e player

Discuss the world of digital signage and offer suggestions about new features for Noventri Suite.
fergus
Forum Visitor
Forum Visitor

Capacity of Noventri Eco-Series™ SF-100e player

Post by fergus »

What's the amount of data that can be stored in Noventri Eco-Series™ SF-100e player?. Or should I ask differnt way: How much content can be uploaded to player? In hours? What is the capacity of memory built in player?. Must player be conected to network all time?
Trent S
Noventri Digital Signage Expert

Re: Capacity of Noventri Eco-Series™ SF-100e player

Post by Trent S »

Hello fergus,

Thank you for your inquiry.

After being published to the player, content is stored on the USB drive. This USB drive can be of any size, allowing the user to customize their storage capacity based on their own needs.

The SF-100e includes a 1GB Flash Drive.

The player must be connected to the network to receive updates from the server. Content can also be updated by publishing content directly to the USB drive, which does not require a network connection. This can be done if preferred, or if a network connection is not available.

Let me know if you have any additional questions.

-Trent
Trent Semler
Art Director
Specialized Communications Corp. / Noventri
20940 Twin Springs Dr.
Smithsburg, MD 21783-1510 USA
301-790-0103
Digital Information Display
Menu Display
Flight Board
rdflesher
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by rdflesher »

So, what does 1GB translate in to in slides "typically"? If our messaging extends past that capacity, is it as simple as popping an 8GB USB drive in there to increase our number of screens?
:?:
Trent S

Post by Trent S »

Hello rdflesher,

The storage space on the USB drive stores any images that your content contains. If you had one-thousand slides, each containing a 1 MB large image, it would fill the USB drive. There really is no typical amount of space that a slide takes up - it depends directly on the size of your images because the size of the slide and text within is trivial.

What I can say is that we haven't had any customers (to my knowledge) that have needed a USB drive larger than 1 GB.

To answer your second question - yes, you should be able use any size of USB thumb drive that you would like. Some USB drives come pre-formatted in NTFS and would not function with our player - unless re-formatted. Some also have extra unnecessary software, etc. on them that we haven't tested with and might interfere - so I cannot guarantee that any model/type of drive (other than the 1 GB provided) will work.
Trent Semler
Art Director
Specialized Communications Corp. / Noventri
20940 Twin Springs Dr.
Smithsburg, MD 21783-1510 USA
301-790-0103
Digital Information Display
Menu Display
Flight Board