Importing Powerpoint

clabedz
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Importing Powerpoint

Post by clabedz »

Greetings. Every time I load a powerpoint with more than one slide, I have to go rename the slide from the directory to Slide2.png. The Noventri Suite calls them slide1.png and slide2.png, but the directory names them slide0.png and slide1.png. Therefore, one is always blank. Is this perhaps a bug?
David L
Noventri Digital Signage Expert
Noventri Digital Signage Expert

Re: Importing Powerpoint

Post by David L »

Hi clabedz,

I am a little confused as to what is happening. If you could please call us at 301-790-0103, we can have a tech support engineer go through the steps with you to see if we can recreate it.

David
clabedz
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Post by clabedz »

Thanks. I called and explained that and another problem I am having with updating powerpoint. It may be related to Office 2010. Hopefully they can test it out and see if it is something that can be fixed easily!
Ralph M

Post by Ralph M »

Hi clabedz,

Thank you for your patience while we investigated this issue. This is something we haven't encountered before and will account for it in the next release of Noventri Suite. It seems that the default setting in Microsoft PowerPoint may have been changed. This setting was causing the numbering format to begin at "0" and not “1”. Following the steps below, this should resolve your issue.

Using Microsoft PowerPoint, open up the presentation. Click on the "Design" tab and then "Page Setup". Change the "Number slides from" value from "0" to "1" and click on "OK". Now your slides will begin at “1” and not “0”. Save your presentation and import the presentation into Noventri Suite.

I hope this will help to resolve your issue. Thanks.
clabedz
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Post by clabedz »

That's great news. Thanks for all the info and I look forward to downloading the next version, though I'll be able to work around my powerpoint issues until then.

Thanks again!
Ralph M

Post by Ralph M »

You are very welcome. For any future matters, please let us know. Thanks.