WebCapt crashes

DominionPost
Forum User
Forum User

WebCapt crashes

Post by DominionPost »

The WebCapt.exe program keeps quitting/closing. Then it starts again only to close. Fills up temp folder with crash info until full. Just installed 2.8.77. Now I cannot connect to the Server. Says it's trying, but then times out. Running on XP-SP3. Any thoughts?
Sergey K

Re: WebCapt crashes

Post by Sergey K »

Hello DominionPost,

We have added the HTML Capture feature to our Noventri Suite software in version 2.6 (change log). This allow better control over the website captures.

The issue connecting to the Server may have happened during the installation of the new Suite. Please check that the status of the Noventri Service Manager service is set to "Started". This can be quickly checked by typing services.msc into the Run dialog box. Once in the Services window, scroll down until you see Noventri Service Manager and check the status on the right. If the field is blank, the service is not running and needs to be started by right-clicking and selecting "Start" from the menu. Please allow a moment for the service to start before connecting from the Noventri Suite.

If you still have trouble connecting to the server or have any additional questions, please let me know.

Kind Regards,
DominionPost
Forum User
Forum User

Post by DominionPost »

The Server is running. When I try to connect, the Suite says: Connected to localhost 20940 as Admin. It also says Synchronizing 77% and never gets to 100%. It eventually times out and goes back to the login prompt. Then WebCapt says it encountered a problem and needs to close.
Sergey K

Post by Sergey K »

Hello DominionPost,

My apologizes, I must have misunderstood your post. This force close may be something else all together. We would like to help you get this resolved as soon as possible. Would you be able to contact our support team to get a closer look at the problem? We can be reached via email at support@noventri.com or by phone at 301-790-0103.

Kind Regards,