Some slides always display "Waiting For Preview"

blessingscm
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Some slides always display "Waiting For Preview"

Post by blessingscm »

Hi,

I have some test slides running on my SF-100e which is not yet deployed to our stores however when I look at the player on the MANAGE tab of the Noventri Suite software 1 of the 3 slides I currently have playing never shows a preview, it always displays "Waiting For Preview" where the preview image displays for the other 2 slides.

The slide in question is simply a PNG file which fills the screen. I'm just wondering if you can tell me why this slide wouldn't display in the preview window for the player. All three slides display without problem on the actual output device.
Sergey K

Re: Some slides always display "Waiting For Preview"

Post by Sergey K »

Hello blessingscm,

Are all three players running the same project? If so, since the content is the same, they should all be showing the same thumbnails. If the projects are different, then the Suite may not have gotten the thumbnail update from one of the players and displayed the message you see. It can take up to a minute to display the thumbnail from the player as it needs to be send back to the Suite to display.

You can always refresh the MANAGE tab manually, this should display the thumbnail from the player. The quickest way to do this is to switch to the SCHEDULE or DESIGN tab, then back to the MANAGE tab and the panel will refresh.

If you need any additional help, please let us know.

Kind Regards,
Sergey
blessingscm
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Re: Some slides always display "Waiting For Preview"

Post by blessingscm »

Looks like it must have been a bug/quirk with the Noventri Suite software... after restarting the software it's displaying all the preview slides properly now. (I have only 1 player currently in use)