Better DB integration and variable data handling

Discuss the world of digital signage and offer suggestions about new features for Noventri Suite.
mark_anderson_us
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Better DB integration and variable data handling

Post by mark_anderson_us »

1. Having a single line for entering SQL statments is useless for many apps. I don't write SQL on one line. It's a pain having to make it all a single line to use it in Suite

2. Entering a stored procedure name doesn't return any data (SQLServer). It should execute *any* valid SQL

3. Don't display the place holder if the record is empty
I have a variable number of records that I want to display in a text region (e.g. like a wait list. there may be 0-10 records).

If I use [1:1],[2:1],[3:1] and there is no 3rd record, I get "[3:1]" on the display

4. Display all records without having to enumerate all rows
e.g. [*:1]\n would display col 1 of all rows with a new-line between

5. Returning a long string seems to truncate output after 126 chars
For example, my text box contains [1:1] and my query returned this (workaround for having to enumerate every single row--No. 4 above):

Allison Hardy\nEdward Sparks\nEnrique Schultz\nDanielle Webster\nHoward Patton\nKathy Adams\nEvelyn West\nPaula Stone\nMatthew Gross\nRene Osborne\nStacey Ryan\nWallace Ramos\nCameron Rivera\nRobert Mccormick\nJenna Pena\nDana Rice\nEverett Cobb\nEmanuel Brady\nDerek Frazier\nRolando Mills\n

The page displayed this (last 10 names are missing):

Allison Hardy
Edward Sparks
Enrique Schultz
Danielle Webster
Howard Patton
Kathy Adams
Evelyn West
Paula Stone
Matthew

6. Allow tabs to be set on boxes so that I can use one text region for tabular data
e.g. [1:1]\t[2:1]\t[3:1]
Only way to do this today seems to be to use 3 text regions, so I'm querying the database 3 times

I'm sure your flight board app has to handle many of these scenarios
Trent S
Noventri Digital Signage Expert

Re: Better DB integration and variable data handling

Post by Trent S »

Hello mark_anderson_us,

Thank you very much for all of the suggestions; we will discuss these with our development team.

I will have one of our databasing people get back to you with more information and questions as soon as possible.
Kind Regards,
Trent Semler
Art Director
Specialized Communications Corp. / Noventri
20940 Twin Springs Dr.
Smithsburg, MD 21783-1510 USA
301-790-0103
Digital Information Display
Menu Display
Flight Board
Molly C

Re: Better DB integration and variable data handling

Post by Molly C »

Hello Mark,
mark_anderson_us wrote: 5. Returning a long string seems to truncate output after 126 chars
Suite/Server should truncate at 255 characters. If not we may have a bug.
mark_anderson_us wrote: 6. Allow tabs to be set on boxes so that I can use one text region for tabular data
e.g. [1:1]\t[2:1]\t[3:1]
Only way to do this today seems to be to use 3 text regions, so I'm querying the database 3 times
Suite/Server will only do a single query if the statements are identical.

Best Regards,

Mike C