Dynamic Web Page

Need help? Post a question or browse the topics for technical support in using Noventri products, peripherals, and accessories.
icevault
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Dynamic Web Page

Post by icevault »

We have two web pages with dynamic content that we would like to add to a slide.

http://live.icevault.timetoscore.com/li ... iv2&mini=1
http://live.icevault.timetoscore.com/li ... iv1&mini=1

These two pages contains a live data feed from our scoreboards. I tried to create a slide that contains two separate IMAGE regions with the website addresses above. Unfortunately when the player displays the region, it's a static page with no dynamic data. Is there any way to publish a slide and allow the data to refresh?

(Note: If you visit the page to see the data, it either shows the current time of day or if there is a game being played, you will see team names, scores, game time, etc.)
Martin-Noventri

Re: Dynamic Web Page

Post by Martin-Noventri »

Hi icevault,

The HTML capture feature basically takes a snap shot of the webpage and displays it as a still image. To have the HTML capture region "update", the Refresh Interval in the region's property settings can be lowered to 1 minute. This will take a snapshot of the webpage every minute and update the region with the new content.

In checking the links you provided, the graphic loads first on the page and then the data from the scoreboard populates a few seconds later. This can lead to the graphic being captured but not the data. To remedy this, you can check the Delay check box in the region's property panel and enter a time delay. This delay will give the webpage time to load the data coming from the scoreboard. In our testing, a 10 second delay gave us consistent result for capturing the graphic and data. You may have to adjust the time up or down to get to a configuration that works for your setup.

This process should enable you to capture the graphic and the scoreboard data at 1 minute intervals.

Kind regards,
Martin
icevault
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: Dynamic Web Page

Post by icevault »

I know it's been a while since I first posted this question but we once again would like to have dynamic content appear on multiple displays.

While I understand the response you gave a few years ago about setting the delay, this only provides a snapshot of the page rather than allowing the page to run scripts and display content that gets pushed to the region (or web browser).

The scoreboard example actually has a running clock and the score changes (when there are games). We have other web pages that change every 15 seconds to display different schedules and standings. The page refresh is 10 to 15 seconds and then advances to the next division.

Here's another great example that might help. Let's say we wanted to display https://www.marketwatch.com/ as the top of the page shows market values. I could add the page and override the dimensions so it only displays the very top of the page. Currently it would only display that snapshot but we'd like it to show like a typical web page where the data is always updating as it's pushed - not on the refresh schedule which only has the minimum of a 1 minute refresh.

This is becoming more common on web sites where the content is no longer static.