Apply as Override

Discuss the world of digital signage and offer suggestions about new features for Noventri Suite.
icevault
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Apply as Override

Post by icevault »

I read through the Schedule Manual and was a bit confused about the "Apply As Override" section. The way I read it, a regular schedule is created and given a name (i.e. - Schedule1). If you want to create an override, it must be given a new name (i.e. - Schedule1Override). As I understand it, the new override schedule begins immediately and runs until the expiration date. Is this correct?

I'm not sure if anyone else experiences the same issues but I find this to be a bit cumbersome. We use the SF-200 to display menus where the schedule basically never changes. Each player displays the same content with commands to turn the displays on and off at certain times and each player is set to "Play Every Week". As the operating hours are mostly the same, there's not much to adjust except for holidays and special events.

If I read the instructions correctly, if I want to adjust the schedule for a single day or a weekend, I basically have to create a new schedule and publish it with a new name very close to the day of the event. Here's an example:

We are closed Thanksgiving Day and opening earlier than usual Friday, Saturday and Sunday following Thanksgiving Day. If I want to create an override, do I have to create the schedule for those specific dates only and Apply As Override or do I create a new schedule that will be set to Play Every Week with the new times for Thurs - Sun and the regular schedule Mon - Wed and publish it Monday "as override"?

I would think that a user should be able to create a "standard schedule" that plays every week but you could specific a specific date(s) as an override. The other method would be to "Apple As Override" but set a START and END date - not just the END date.

Additionally, as we typically change the Power On and Power Off commands and not the content, it would be helpful to be able to apply the override to the commands only and apply them to multiple players. (Example: Set all Menu players to send no commands on Thanksgiving and change the typical power on times for Friday - Sunday to 6:00 am instead of the usual times) With 9 menus, it's a lot of manual work to adjust for the holiday and then return the schedule to normal after the holiday.