Image path not being kept after download from server

Need help? Post a question or browse the topics for technical support in using Noventri products, peripherals, and accessories.
TGElkland
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Image path not being kept after download from server

Post by TGElkland »

I am using two computers to create content for my signs. One is the server and one is a remote station. My issue I have is that we are using an image file that is in a network location. This image file is updated at least 3 times a day with the current shift schedule. When the project is downloaded from the server to be sure that the project on both machines is the same the network location is reset to the local drive. So when the image changes in the network location it is not reflected on the screen. What do I need to get around this?
Checked this again this afternoon and found something else. In the Design tab the image file correctly updated. I could see it both in page design and when I checked the Sequence it looked good as well. When I opened the Manage tab it was only playing the old image not the new one. The user running the Noventri service has full administrative rights on the server and has full access to the shared location where the image is stored. Looking for a little assistance.
Martin-Noventri

Re: Image path not being kept after download from server

Post by Martin-Noventri »

Hi TGElkland,

Can you confirm the UNCpath for the image folder location is being entered into your project?

Noventri uses UNC paths for the folder location when looking for a networked folder. So the location would be entered such as \\Server\media\WORKGROUP\Folder. If the folder location is entered as a mapped drive (ex. J:\media\WORKGROUP\Folder) then the folder will not be read by Noventri Server and the content will not be displayed by the player.

To determine the UNC path of a file on your network.
Windows 8 / 7– Browse to the file location in Windows Explorer. In the address bar, left click on the empty space in the right side of the address bar. This will reveal the UNC path of the folder containing the file. Also, you can Shift+ Right Click and select “Copy as path” from the menu.
Copy this address and paste it to the address location in Noventri Suite.

Please let us know the results.

Kind regards,
Martin
TGElkland
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Post by TGElkland »

Yes, I am using the UNC path. Everything looks good in Noventri Suite as I said. Then when I download on another computer so that I can make sure that I have the latest version of the project there it changes to the local project directory.
I am also seeing issues now that even with the UNC path entered the image file will not update on the SF-200. I have to publish this every time the image changes for the image to update.
Martin-Noventri

Thanks for the response. It sounds like the Noventri Server is having trouble accessing the folder.

Is the the Noventri Service Manager set to access network folders?

How to setup Noventri Service Manager to access network shared files and folders:

Note: These changes are to be made to the machine where Noventri Server is installed
The following steps will show you how to change the service to run as an Admin:
• Open the Control Panel, then Administrative Tools, and open Services.
• Search for Noventri Service Manager from the list of services, right-click on it, and select Properties.
• In the Properties dialog, select the Log On tab at the top.
• Select the radio button next to "This Account" to enable it.
• Type in the account name and password for the service to use, then click OK at the bottom.
• You will be notified to restart the service for the new login name to take effect, click OK to continue.
• Right-click on Noventri Service Manager again and select Restart.
• After the service restarts, your account name will be listed in the "Log On As" column.
• You may now close the Services window.

Kind regards,
Martin
TGElkland
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Post by TGElkland »

The Noventri service is running as an administrator. Currently I am running it as myself and I have full rights to network location where the file is stored.
Martin-Noventri

Thanks for the information, TGElkland.

In the Suite image region properties, is Migrate image content on publish is unchecked?

When checked, a copy of the image is sent to the Noventri Server, and the image region will reference only the copied image.

Kind regards,
Martin
TGElkland
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Post by TGElkland »

OK, that was checked. Easy to miss though as that pane doesn't always seem to scale well.
Martin-Noventri

So did that get you up and running?

Kind regards,
Martin
TGElkland
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Post by TGElkland »

Yes, it appears to be working OK at this time.

Thank you.