Using Excel XLSX as DB Source

Using Excel,SQL,Oracle, and other ODBC Compliant Databases
PeeWhy
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Using Excel XLSX as DB Source

Post by PeeWhy »

I am having trouble using an Excel.XLSX file as my data source. The file, suite, and server are all on the same pc.

I added a text field to a page.
I kept the text empty for now.
I checked Database.
I checked ODBC under Advanced.
I connected to my file using the driver: Microsoft Excel Driver (*.xls, *.xlsx, *
I browsed to and selected the DB File.
Under Table i refreshed the table and i can see the named ranges i have on my excel file (My named ranges are single cells with names)
I selected the single cell with a named range of "Goal". The Select Statement changed to: SELECT * FROM [GOAL]
I refreshed the select statement and the value shows up at the bottom of the table screen.

After i hit ok, what is my next step to get that value to show up on my page designer after selecting Refresh Now?
I tried editing the text filed making it say [Goal] but that only displayed "[Goal]" on my page and not the goal's value from the excel file.

Martin-Noventri

Re: Using Excel XLSX as DB Source

Post by Martin-Noventri »

Hi PeeWhy,

Looks like you are on the right track for connecting to your excel sheet. It may be helpful to review this post viewtopic.php?f=79&t=225. # 11 has information about setting up the formatter ( Ex. [GOAL]) to point to the proper cell in the Excel sheet.

As for the Driver drop box menu, this is a bug that our developers are looking into.

Kind regards,
Martin