Scheduling

Discuss the world of digital signage and offer suggestions about new features for Noventri Suite.
icevault
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Scheduling

Post by icevault »

We have 9 displays used as menus. Each display is scheduled to run the same slide (Display 1 runs Menu 1, etc.) 24/7. Each display has commands to turn on the display and set the correct HDMI port as well as a separate command to turn off the displays at the end of the day. Generally our schedule doesn't change from week to week so this works well. I set the "Play Every Week" checkbox and the schedule just repeats.

On occasion, we do have a change of schedule where we need to turn our displays on earlier than usual. Is there anyway to send a command to all displays on a certain date/time so I can turn them on at the same time without affecting the contents of each display and without having to go into each individual player and recreating the command?
Sergey K

Re: Scheduling

Post by Sergey K »

Hello icevault,

The best option for your workflow would be to setup a player group that contains the desired player and schedule those players to the player group instead of each individual player. This way you can have a schedule for the standard opening time and a different schedule for the early opening time. Once the 2 schedules are created, you will be able to switch between the schedules by assigning it to the player group instead of each player.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Kind Regards,
Sergey
icevault
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by icevault »

Sergey, Thanks for your response.

If I assign the 9 players to a group (which I already have done - called it "Restaurant"), it appears I can only assign one "schedule" to all 9 players in the group. Therefore, all the displays would wind up showing the same slide.

What I would need is the ability to do BOTH - assign sequences on a schedule and assign that schedule to a player AND assign multiple players to a group and then sending commands to the whole group.
icevault
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by icevault »

Sergey, I'm going back to the original request that had no resolution. Is there any work being done on the schedule side where we can assign commands to a group and the sequences separately to individual players so that we can show the different content on each player and use the same schedule to turn on/off the displays?

Is there any way to schedule sequences/commands with the "Play Every Week" selected AND set the schedule one day a month with a different sequence/schedule?

I can detail the scenario if it helps.