Play special presentation every hour for 5 minutes

clabedz
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Play special presentation every hour for 5 minutes

Post by clabedz »

Greetings,

I was hoping to get an answer to this question... We are in need of showing a special presentation every hour. We only want this presentation to last for 5 minutes at a time. Unfortunately, the only option I see at the current time is to modify the existing presentations to include this data in the rotation after calculating the time necessary so that this displays as desired.

I tried to create the sequence by itself, but the system does not allow me to schedule a presentation for anything less than 15 minutes, which is too much time out of every hour.

Do I have any other options?

Thank you,
c
clabedz
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Play special presentation every hour for 5 minutes

Post by clabedz »

Related to this issue... I had a plan with how to just show my temporary presentation every hour. I laid out the 24x7 presentation first and then put the temp sequence on top of that on the hour. While it appeared to work the first time I tried this, it has not seemed to work since. What would be the best way of doing this without adding the 24x7 presentation 24 times (once an hour in between the temporary presentation) throughout the day?
Tim R
Noventri Digital Signage Expert
Noventri Digital Signage Expert

Re: Play special presentation every hour for 5 minutes

Post by Tim R »

Hello,

It is possible to stack sequences on top of one another in the schedule panel to get around the 15 minute minimum. Therefore, to achieve what you are looking for you would take the following steps:

1) In the design panel, under edit sequence, create a "default" sequence that would contain the slides that play normally, and a "hourly" sequence that would play on the hour containing the appropriate slides. Save the changes and publish the project to the server.

2) In the schedule panel, choose the applicable project and insert the "hourly" sequence into the workspace. Double click the entry that was added into the workspace and choose both "Expand This Sequence All Day" and "Repeat This Sequence All Week". This will cause the hourly sequence to take up the entire workspace.

3) Move the slider at the top of the workspace to 12:00am, and click on the "default" sequence to insert it into the workspace where we have placed the slider. Double click on the "default" entry that was added and change the "Stop" time to 1:00am (or the desired time). Then click the "Repeat This Sequence All Week" button.

4) Move the slider at the top of the workspace to 1:00am (or the desired hour) and click on the "default" sequence to insert it into the workspace where we have placed the slider. Double click on the entry that was added and change the "Start Time" to 1:05am and the "Stop" time to 2:00am (or the desired time). Then click the "Repeat This Sequence All Week" button. NOTE: Make sure you choose a Start Time that allows the "hourly" sequence to play for the desired amount of time. In this example, it would allow the "hourly" sequence to play for 5 minutes.

5) Repeat step 4 as necessary until all of the time slots are filled as desired. Remember to check the "Play Every Week" check box if desired.

When completed your workspace should look similar to this:

Please let us know if you have any questions.
Tim Rollins
Executive Director of Technology
Noventri
20940 Twin Springs Dr.
Smithsburg, MD 21783-1510 USA
301-790-0103
Fax: 301-790-0173
http://www.noventri.com