Global Replace

Need help? Post a question or browse the topics for technical support in using Noventri products, peripherals, and accessories.
icevault
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Global Replace

Post by icevault »

We have recently changed web hosting companies that we use to store database data that we use to populate our menu boards. Every slide has multiple price fields that pull their data from this remote database. Each field was originally manually created to connect to this web host using the TEXT field - ADVANCED tab - CONNECT button and then using the MYSQL ODBC 5.1 DRIVER from the DRIVER section and then the Server, Username, Port and Password have been manually entered.

(Note: If I tried to "Use System ODBC", it wouldn't connect.)

Now that we have changed web servers/database location, I need to change this information for every field. Is there any possible way to FIND AND REPLACE ALL (a global replace) so that I don't have to manually edit every field?
Martin-Noventri

Re: Global Replace

Post by Martin-Noventri »

Hi icevault,

It sounds like the Match Database Region feature will accomplish what you are looking to do. Please see the post How to Database Content in Noventri Suite and scroll down to the section Matching Database Regions.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.
Kind regards,
Martin
icevault
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by icevault »

I received "You are not authorised to read this forum." when trying to visit that page.

Does this feature display the same data in matched regions? For each field I have created contains different SQL query statements to pull different data (in this case, item price). The only thing in common for each field is the IP/URL to the database, the username and password and the name of the table.
Martin-Noventri

Post by Martin-Noventri »

Hi icevault,

The link should be fixed now.

With the Match Database Region feature, all data from the Advanced tab is copied.

Any formatters entered into the text box in the Properties panel will be unchanged.

Kind regards,
Martin
icevault
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by icevault »

Martin,

Thanks for the info. While this will save some time as I can copy the bulk of the database information from one field to many, I'll still have to go back and change the specific query to pick the correct item price from the database.

Each field uses the following SELECT STATEMENT:
SELECT * FROM Register WHERE key_num_id = nnnn
(where nnnn is the item number in the table).

If I MATCH REGIONS, the statement is overwritten so that every item has the same key_num_id. I'd have to go back and correct the item's ID for every item.

I'd recommend that the MATCH DATABASE also have a selective copy so that you can copy only selected items from one database region to another.