image list from network folder doesn't refresh

Need help? Post a question or browse the topics for technical support in using Noventri products, peripherals, and accessories.
topworx
Forum User
Forum User

image list from network folder doesn't refresh

Post by topworx »

We display a set of images from a shared network folder on one of our players. It does not refresh when images are added, deleted, or changed. When I go into Noventri suite and republish the project to the server (with no changes to the project), it picks up the changes to that directory. I am running the server service under the same account I use to make changes to the project and that account has full access to the shared folder.

Suggestions?

Rich
Martin-Noventri

Re: image list from network folder doesn't refresh

Post by Martin-Noventri »

Hi Rich,

Thanks for the post.

If the Noventri Service Manager is set up to log on as an admin account (see this post viewtopic.php?f=73&t=581&p=1054&hilit=s ... ager#p1054), the next thing to look at is UNC paths.

Noventri uses UNC paths for the folder location when looking for a networked folder. So the location would be entered such as \\Server\media\WORKGROUP\Folder. If the folder location is entered as a mapped drive (ex. J:\media\WORKGROUP\Folder) then the folder will not be read by Noventri Server and the content will not be displayed by the player.

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Martin
topworx
Forum User
Forum User

Post by topworx »

Martin,

I am running the service with an admin account that has full access to the network shared folder.

I am using the UNC path for the folder location.

When I republish the project to the server, it picks up the folder contents and displays them correctly. However, when the contents of that folder change it does not show the new files. It continues to show the old ones.

Rich
Martin-Noventri

Rich,

Which version of Noventri Suite are you currently using? And what operating system?

Kind regards,
Martin
topworx
Forum User
Forum User

Post by topworx »

version 2.12.121.2679r_2.12

I think it was released in January. I just downloaded and installed a couple of weeks ago. I has hoped it would fix the issue.

Server service is running on Windows Server 2008 R2 64 bit. I run the client on the same machine.
Martin-Noventri

Rich,

This seems like a permissions issue with Noventri Server and the network folder. Can you try using a different Admin account for the Noventri Service? Are there any anti-virus or firewall exemptions that may be in play?

Kind regards,
Martin