NEC Commercial Display Commands

clabedz
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

NEC Commercial Display Commands

Post by clabedz »

Greetings,

I was reading about the settings for the NEC Commercial Display (we have two 55" in house) and it says on the website:
RS-232C allows users to lock out external buttons, synchronize multiple displays and remotely power on/off displays

We have the need to lock out external buttons, but unfortunately I do not see the necessary tools for me to accomplish this task. I can select NEC from the commands within a project, but it does not allow me to select "key lock" options from the list. It also does not appear to allow me to type in a custom command (the complete code data is in the External Control Document).

How can I lock out buttons on this TV? Bonus question: What is the difference between the All buttons key lock and the Control buttons key lock?

Thank you!
c
Martin-Noventri

Re: NEC Commercial Display Commands

Post by Martin-Noventri »

Hi clabedz,

Thanks for the post and the bonus question!

We will check into the "Lock Out" command.

As far as working with RS-232 in Noventri Suite, there are detailed instructions in the Noventri Suite Schedule Manual, Section 9 that might be helpful.

Kind Regards,
Martin
Martin-Noventri

Post by Martin-Noventri »

Hi clabedz,

We have posted the updated NEC commands with the Control/Key Button Lock/Unlock feature. Also the zip file contains RS-232 commands for SunBrite and LG for those who may need them.

Updated RS-232 Commands For NEC, LG and SunBrite Displays

Enjoy!
Martin
clabedz
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Post by clabedz »

Thanks for the information, Martin! I just got back from vacation and needed to see what we can do to lock the controls out. I see how I can add the necessary commands, so I'll be giving that a shot. I also will send (once a day) the signal for the lock out. I was just wondering if you had any information for the difference between those two commands. Please let me know!

Thanks again,
c