Can't Connect after 2.12 upgrade

mdaldoss
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Can't Connect after 2.12 upgrade

Post by mdaldoss »

We have a SF-100e player. We updated our Noventri Suite and Server to 2.12.42.2592r_2.12 and now our player shows Disconnected. The player is displaying the start-up screen with the IP and I am able to access the player via browser. Also, when we try to verify settings in the browser, the only thing that happens is a little box comes up and asks for our password? I tried to reset to defaults, but all the settings stayed the same. Even after the suite/server upgrade, our player has these settings: SOFTWARE VERSION 2.6.23.2 10-17-2013 19:00:13
FIRMWARE VERSION 4 08-19-2011 21:06:59.

Thanks
Sergey K

Re: Can't Connect after 2.12 upgrade

Post by Sergey K »

Hello mdaldoss,

The post below covers a number of things to try when a player is disconnected:
http://www.noventri.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=87&t=531

After upgrading from an older versions of Suite, you may also need to remove the USB drive from the player and format it using your computer. This will remove any files that are unnecessary after the upgrade. Once the formatting is complete, safely remove the USB drive from the computer and insert it back into the player. The player will resynchronize your projects and schedules after it connects to the Noventri Server.

The defaults button will only reset the players password to 'noventri' and networking settings back to DHCP. The Noventri Server field will remain with the last entered address. This helps the player stay connected to the server it was last configured for. Not every Suite upgrade will have a resolution and firmware update. This will greatly depend on how far apart the versions of Noventri Suite are.

Please let me know if you are still experiencing any issues or have any questions so we can look into this further.

Kind Regards,
Sergey