Server requirments

dBeal
Forum Visitor
Forum Visitor

Server requirments

Post by dBeal »

We currently have Noventri Server installed and running on a user's pc. This has been working great for some time now, but presents some difficulties when the pc starts to run slow or needs to be rebooted. For this reason, we have decided to setup a dedicated server to run just the Noventri Server software. I want to know what the requirements are for a good server and any suggestions on hardware you would recommend. Thank you
Sergey K

Re: Server requirments

Post by Sergey K »

Hello dBeal,

The minimum System requirements for the Noventri software are posted at the bottom of our website here:

http://www.noventri.com/noventri-suite- ... ations.php

Depending on the number of players, the resolution being used, types of project your server will be running (database, static, video, etc...), and even the size of the images, your server may benefit from a faster processor and additional memory. If you will be installing additional software on the server pc, we recommend you increase both, the memory and processor to handle the extra tasks. There is no specific configuration that will fit each case, so it would be better to have some extra power to allow for easy expansion in the future.

The content is currently generated on the server pc. If the content is database driven and rapidly generating, the updates will need to be sent to the player quickly, so you will want a server that can keep up with the work. We are planning to add an option to allow for player generated content in a future release of Noventri Suite. This will take some load off the server and balance the process even more.

If you have any questions or would like me to clarify anything further, please let me know.

Kind Regards,
Sergey