Suggestion on sequence creation

Discuss the world of digital signage and offer suggestions about new features for Noventri Suite.
rdflesher
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Suggestion on sequence creation

Post by rdflesher »

I create screens/pages separately in different projects - mainly because they are different themes. But when I want to create a sequence for playback, I want to combine pages from different projects in a single loop. The only way I have found is to cut/paste, back and forth from the singles to the playable loop - quite tedious. Suggestions:

Can you develop a more intuitive way to assemble a longer sequence loop from multiple single page projects?
Retain the custom name of the page when I do cut/paste in to the longer sequence loop
Allow us to place an start & expiration date on a page in a sequence, so we can cut down on our loop maintenance

Thanks - love the product. Keep up the good work.
Trent S
Noventri Digital Signage Expert
Noventri Digital Signage Expert

Re: Suggestion on sequence creation

Post by Trent S »

Hello rdflesher,

Thank you very much for the suggestions!
Can you develop a more intuitive way to assemble a longer sequence loop from multiple single page projects?
We actually have something more intuitive on the drawing board right now - but it will be several versions out until it makes it into the software. We would definitely be interested in hearing any further ideas you have regarding this.

For now, I would recommend a single project workflow (a single project that contains all of your pages - split up into different sequences). This gives you an easier workflow, and you'll be able to avoid the copying / pasting between projects that you mentioned.

You won't need to worry about decreasing publish times, either; Noventri Suite will only send the pages to the player that are being used in the scheduled sequence. Feel free to add as many pages as you need to a single project.
Retain the custom name of the page when I do cut/paste in to the longer sequence loop
I have submitted this request to our development team.
Allow us to place an start & expiration date on a page in a sequence, so we can cut down on our loop maintenance
This has been requested by several other customers as well. I can check with our development team and give you an update.

Kind Regards,
Trent Semler
Art Director
Specialized Communications Corp. / Noventri
20940 Twin Springs Dr.
Smithsburg, MD 21783-1510 USA
301-790-0103
Digital Information Display
Menu Display
Flight Board
rdflesher
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: Suggestion on sequence creation

Post by rdflesher »

To build on the discussion on more control at the sequence level (such as expiration dates).

My wish list for control would be:
The ability to provide a start and stop date for each page after it is placed in a sequence
An option to assign a time to play, for example - play only during 3rd shift
Maybe the option to either skip the page (default) or to display something else (flat jpg image or another page perhaps)
When you click on a page, on the timeline, it would be nice to see the page name and the current setting for duration for that single page.

I'd love to see what other users would like to see on the sequence control issue. :?: