Text Region8.1 - Add Text Region8.1.1
To add Text to the page, click the Text button, go to Edit > Add Text Region, or right-click in the Composition panel and choose Add Text Region. Now move the cursor to the Composition panel. Notice that the cursor changes to crosshairs. Using the mouse, click and drag an area for the text to go into. Do not be concerned about the shape and size of the area at this time, it will be adjusted later.
Note: The black area in the Composition panel is the Page. The gray, hashed area is outside of the page and is for reference only.8.2 - Text Region Properties8.2.1
Type the desired Region Name for the Region.8.2.2
If you would like the Text Region to stretch across the entire page, select the Fit to Page button. Other positioning options are available and will be discussed later under the Positioning tab.8.2.3 Text Tab
Note: To view the entire Properties panel it may be necessary to adjust the panel size by grabbing the top or right separating bar with the mouse and dragging it. The grayed out options under the Text tab will be available soon.
• Text File & Database - These Database related options are more advanced and will be added later in the manual.
• Text - Text typed in in this box will show up in the Region.
• Font - Lets you select from the currently installed Windows fonts. If you download and install extra fonts, make sure they get installed on the computer where the Server will be running or they will not be displayed.
• Size - Allows you to select the font size of the text. Selectable font sizes are 6 - 72 pts, but you can specify the size by typing it into the Size textbox.
• Text Color - Clicking the color box will display the Color palette. Select a color and click OK.
• Background Color - Clicking the color square will display the Color palette. Select a new color for the transparent areas in your image. This will allow the selected color to fill the background of the Region.
• Style - Choose from Bold, Italic, or Underline font style by clicking the desired checkbox.
• Crop - Can be used to trim out the text that exceeds the Region borders.
• Word Wrap - Lets your typed text drop down to the next line as it reaches the Region’s border so that everything fits within the Region.8.2.4 - Text Effects Tab
• Shadow - If the checkbox is checked, the text in the region will have a shadow applied to it .
• NW N NE W E SW S SE - Positions your text by selecting one of the radio buttons.
• X Offset - Will change the up/down offset amount of the shadow.
• Y Offset - Will change the left/right offset amount
of the shadow.
• Shadow Color - Can be changed by clicking the Color box. This will open the Color palette. Select a color, and click OK to apply.8.2.5 - Positioning Tab
• Lock Position - When you are satisfied with the Image location within the Region and the Region location within the Page, select the Lock Position checkbox, go to Edit > Lock Position, or right-click on the Region and select Lock Position, to prevent it from accidentally being moved.
• Region Location - Can position the top left corner of your Region exactly where you want it to be by entering the X and Y coordinates. Use the ruler bars in the Composition panel as reference.
• Region Size - Will modify the height and width of the Region. The Region size should not be larger than the Page resolution.
• CONTENT - Allows you to justify the Image within the Region by clicking one of the black boxes.
• REGION - Allows you to justify the Region inside the Page by selecting one of the represented icons.Go forward to the next section!Go back to the previous sectionReturn to the Table of Contents