Noventri Digital Signage Suite, Noventri SF-100e and Noventri ServerQuick Start Guide (Updated March 27th, 2012) This Quick Start Guide is also available in PDF (click here).OVERVIEW
To download the latest version of Noventri Suite, you'll need to register for the forum. Once you're registered and logged in, visit this post to download the latest version of Noventri Suite.
Please refer to the User Manuals located in the Manuals section under Downloads for a complete description of your new software.
This Quick Start guide will help you through the typical setup procedure for installation of Noventri Suite and Server using one computer connected to a single SF-100e player.NOVENTRI SUITE INSTALLATION (HOW TO INSTALL THE SOFTWARE)
1. Verify that the computer to be used as the server has a STATIC IP address (not DHCP). Ask your administrator to help set this up for you.
2. Double-click the setup file downloaded from the Noventri Forum to start installation. Follow the on-screen instructions to install the selected Suite and/or Server. Shortcuts will be added to
your desktop after installation is complete.Note: The Server software is only required if the
SF-100e is being used as a networked player.STARTING NOVENTRI SERVER
The Noventri Server is the interface between Noventri Suite and the SF-100e player.
A new Server instance will be created by default after the installation is finished, using port 20940.
The Server is monitored by Noventri Service Manager, a service that runs in the background and allows the Server to communicate with the SF-100e player even if the user is logged off.USING NOVENTRI SUITE
1. Run Noventri Suite to start the software.
2. Noventri Suite is divided into three main tabs. Design, Schedule, and Manage.
3. In the Design tab, create a New Project by selecting a Project Name, the Resolution, and the Orientation of the display you plan to use with this project, then select OK.
4. The Design tab contains two sub tabs. Edit Page tab and Edit Sequence tab.
5. Use the Edit Page tab to create Pages with Image, Text, or Clock regions. Click the region button to place them in the Composition panel.
6. Use the Edit Sequence tab to order Pages into a Sequence. Click the Page icon(s) to add pages to the Timeline below. You can then resize the page border to change Duration or drag the Page to rearrange it in the desired order.
7. Once your project is created, choose Publish from the file menu and select Upload Project to Server if using networked players. Connecting to the Server will prompt you to Login. The defaults are:
Password: noventriNote: If you will be using your SF-100e as a
Stand-Alone (Sneakernet) player, first plug the
USB Drive into the computer’s USB port, then
choose Publish from the file menu and select
Publish to Thumb Drive. Select the USB Drive
and save the project. You are now ready to plug
the USB back into the SF-100e to start playback.
8. Click the Schedule tab. Choose your project from the left dropdown and the player from the right dropdown. Select a day of the week button and click a Sequence icon on the left to insert it. Double-click the newly added sequence for more properties. Click the Assign button below, input a name for the schedule, and click the Save button.Note: The SF-100e must be configured properly
before it will be visible in the player dropdown.
9. Networked SF-100e players will start to play the Sequence automatically at the day and time you specified. A Stand-Alone (Sneakernet) player will automatically play the Sequence once the USB Drive is plugged in.
10. Click the Manage tab to view player status, change passwords, advanced settings, etc. For more information, refer to the Noventri Suite Manage Tab Manual.*SF-100E PLAYER SETUP (HOW TO INSTALL A PLAYER)
1. Connect the SF-100e player as shown in the picture above. DO NOT REMOVE the USB Drive that comes with the SF-100e.
After the player boots up, it will display the IP address and Resolution on the monitor. If DHCP is not available on the network, the player will default to: 192.168.0.190
2. Open a web browser on the same subnet and type in the IP address displayed on the monitor. Once the SF-100e Configuration appears, enter the default password: noventri
3. You will need to enter network settings that are appropriate for your network. Type the IP address of the computer where you intend to install the Server software into the NOVENTRI SERVER field (default port is 20940). The server computer must have a static IP address (cannot use DHCP) or the SF-100e will not be able to maintain a connection.
4. We advise that you change the default password to something more secure after configuration.
5. Click the Submit button to save your changes.
6. After the SF-100e saves the changes, it should show up in the Manage tab of the Noventri Suite software. You will then be able to configure additional settings, such as player name, location, timezone and others through the Manage tab.